Tuesday, April 1, 2008

2077

No, I am not involved in the making of a movie called "2077". Nor is it a prediction of when I expect to acquire Sixth Sense syndrome. 2077 is the number of calories I have been consuming as part of my nutrition plan for Spring Training 2008. I don't nitpick at every aspect of my diet. For instance, I treated myself to a glass of blush wine last night. And then I brushed my teeth and went to sleep like a baby. Good manly stuff!

I use a log at http://www.calorie-count.com/. Very useful! The foods here come to approximately 2077 calories.

But...I don't eat the Quinoa and the Chicken everyday. I eat the Quinoa -- or, for a change, Pasta with roasted garlic and olive oil -- only on non-training days. I eat the Chicken only on training days. By the way, the Chicken is pan roasted in its own fat -- I add only a dab of olive oil and a select bunch of spices to it. The rest of the items in the list are consumed 6 days out of the week. So I have been eating anywhere from 1700 to 2400 calories a day. My diet gets a bit out of control on Sundays, which is when I visit my folks. But I let that be...

Cheese free and ready in 5 minutes!

1. Fiber, a whopping 75% of the recommended daily intake, is obtained primarily from the bananas (2 to 3 medium), blueberries (1 cup) and a big salad. Yay! During the BC phase -- due to begin toward the middle of April -- I will add a second salad along with either Chicken or Beef. But more on that after it starts happening.

2. I eat 4 whole eggs a day. None of that egg white only stuff.

3. Notice that there is no fruit juice in the list. I don't drink fruit juices anymore.

4. It's official! I have completely switched to organic coffee! I was also pleasantly surprised to recently find that we stock organic coffee at my office as well.


Allegro's Organic Italian Roast, at a whopping $12 a package, has a brewed texture like butter. Although, after brewing, it does not seem to be as aromatic as non-organic coffee (around $6 a package).

5. I also consume 4 servings of goat milk in a week. Each serving has 33% calcium. I never bother about my calcium intake but I thought I would mention it anyway.


Mmmm. Luxuriously delicious!

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...