Friday, March 21, 2008

First Fishing Trip of 2008

Well, all we got this morning was a lone trout from the depths of Goose Pond in Chatham. Travis reeled it in and it surrendered without much of a struggle. Anyway, here are some photos from this morning.


Goose Pond's deepest point is 50 feet below. It was very windy and cold. The first spot we tried to cast from had the wind in our faces. So we moved to another spot across the pond where it was relatively calm and warm. Occasional gusts of wind hit the surface of the pond with a whack.


Not sure what Travis and Russ were looking at. But this was a good shot.


Travis carefully inspects the trout he had just reeled in. With the surface of the pond much colder than its depths, I suppose most of the marine life decided to stay under its thermocline.


A poignant moment for father and son (that trout probably felt otherwise).

I was made to sit down and pose...with that fish. Man, I do love that 50mm prime lens I had on my Nikon. I think that I will use it more this year. It is very light and small to carry around.

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...