Saturday, July 7, 2007

It wasn't a blast

So I was over at the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) last evening. David and I were supposed to attend a get together of sorts for singles. The moment I walked into the Old Masters paintings gallery, where the party was being held, I knew I wasn't going to like the atmosphere.

I had been expecting quiet socialization, champagne and an intelligent discussion of art. Instead it looked like another meat market with loud music. There were women who were only half-clad in clothing. I have no problems with that. But this wasn't sensual or seductive clothing. It was flat out obscene type of clothing and it didn't quite gel with the general demeanor of the MFA. If it weren't for the phenomenal paintings on the wall, I would have left earlier. To be fair, some women were dressed tastefully. In that sense, the older women there (the ones in their 40s and 50s) actually appealed to me more so than the 20 somethings. Something to do with bearing and poise, I guess. And no one seemed to be really looking at the paintings. But it was good to see Allen there. I hadn't hung out with him in a while.

It was getting late and I had had a bit of hard training at the gym earlier in the day. It was time to hit the pillow while the rest of them were just starting to hit the bottle everywhere else. So after hanging out for about an hour, I left the Old Masters gallery to briefly enjoy some of the nearby European art galleries before heading home.

The MFA has what it calls "Winesdays" on the last Wednesday of the month in the summer. I will try the one this month and see if it is more to my...taste. Now off to Portsmouth in a couple of hours. Its going to be a slightly rainy day, I think. But I am not the one to care about little inconveniences like that :)

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...