Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sprinting for life

Well my sprinting program is coming along just fine. I can feel myself tightening up all over. There is no more pain behind the knees since I changed my sprint technique a bit. Rather than trying to move as fast as I can, I've been concentrating purely on, well, technique. And bringing my rear foot to my glutes took care of the really sore upper calves issue. In time, I will get faster (as I get stronger on the movement).

I recently bought compression shorts and tried them out for the first time last evening. They made quite a difference when I sprinted last evening after class (I actually had a mid-term; couldn't wait to finish it and get out on to the track). There was a good bit of light remaining and it was a good session. I left feeling refreshed (always a good sign). Now I can't wait for my next session, probably this weekend.

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...