Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Spaced Out

Well, my last two posts were kinda heavy. So I thought I would post something "light" this time. Check this out:

Earth's City Lights

This is a cool tool but it doesn't allow the User to get really close. For instance, I could make out the spot that (I think) is my hometown Madurai as the spot could easily have been a conglomeration of Madurai and neighboring towns like Dindigul and Sivaganga. New Delhi and Mumbai clearly stand out. Most of Africa, the Amazonian basin, Northern Canada, Central/Northern Australia (and the rest of Oceania), the islands in SE Asia and Northern Russia (all of Siberia, I presume) are very much in the dark and somehow I feel very comforted by that. Use left-click and right-click to zoom in and out.

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...