Sunday, April 5, 2020

Ignorance should be bliss

Between 2013 and 2016 (or thereabouts), I stopped reading the news completely. I remember those years as having some of the best mornings.. completely free of bad energy or any form of gloominess in my mood. Then, after a few events, one of them being trivia at a pub where I could not answer a single question regarding the American presidential candidates, etc., I realized that I had become completely ignorant on a lot of topics. So.. I got back into the scheme of things by starting to read the news daily. But to keep things simple, I decided to stick to just the BBC website to get all my news. I have no interest in American sports and so that worked out quite fine until...

Of course, now one hears about nothing but the ongoing virus pandemic. And, frankly, I was starting to get tired of reading the news. So about a couple of weeks ago, I stopped reading the news again but with a twist: I only read the news once a week.. just before I step out to do my weekly grocery shopping. This frequency of news reading seems to be just about right as it allows me to find out if any new restrictions regarding food shopping or travel or health are in place and whether people have started slaughtering each other yet. But the other six days? Ignorance is bliss.. as I have settled down into a pleasant yet efficient daily routine regardless of whether it is a week day or weekend.

Bliss.

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...