Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mobile phone use okayed on planes?!


Yeah, whateva...

This could be a disaster depending on the route you are travelling. I am quite sure most travellers have the good sense to not disturb their fellow travellers. But I am definitely worried about that last leg to India from any airport. Well, I am going to the sub-continent for a week in the middle of June. So I will be finding out, I guess. Oh, brother!


"Shut up!! You son of a mangy dog!"

Occasionally though, listening to someone talk on their cell phones can be entertaining as you get to find out about the various levels of "dead as a doorknob" convo that exists out in the world. This, however, gets tiring quickly. But some conversations can be enlightening in a different sort of way. When I was returning to Boston from NYC on the Amtrak a couple of months ago, there was a ditzy looking older blonde seated behind me. Anyway, she received a phone call from, I am guessing, a nephew. They were on the call for 20 minutes. He was confused about some chick and she was giving him what sounded like some sensible tips without being patronizing. And her voice was so mellow (sigh). So the conversation wasn't too shabby. Still, at one point, I decided to make a trip to the dining car to get myself a cold one.

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...