Monday, April 28, 2008

Bloody Hell!!

So I developed something like a stomach bug on Friday. Still I decided to go down to the Cape early on Saturday. But since I felt too lazy to rack and take my own bicycle, I had to rent one in Dennis. After about an hour of biking -- it was actually a bit chilly -- I decided to call it quits and returned to Boston. It wasn't the weather. I just wasn't into it because of the stomach thingy. I was supposed to have gone to David's party Saturday night in Inman Square but at the last minute decided to stay home and chill.

Anyway.

So I had nothing to do Saturday night. Sudhakar was out in Europe. The dollar was down. Didn't feel like watching TV or reading a book. So I whipped out my pipe -- no, not that one -- and started going through a 3rd of a pack of tobaccy. I am not a smoker. I will probably light up a couple of times a month for a few "look up at the ceiling and puff in contentment" pulls of fragrance. Although I will have to stay away from my pipes -- except that one, of course -- when Luna, my friend Raina's tabby, comes over for a 10-day stay in May. Yay! Hey, that rhymed pretty good: May. Yay. Hey. See? No?

Never mind.

Now when I am home on a Saturday evening, I don't like it. As I puffed away dreamily, I was thinking of my pretty neighbor upstairs who was moving around a bit. Was she with someone? Is that banging noise I hear...Oh, my goodness! That someone has her up against a wall!! No...wait...she is alone. Or is she? Yeah, definitely, someone else is with her. Yes, by jove, I can hear voices! No wait, that came from that other dude who lives across from me. So he is with a guy? And on and on. I decided that I was envious of my friend David. His apartment is the topmost one in his building. He probably has nightmares too...but of a less confusing nature. Lucky blighter!

Anyway.

I could have put a movie on. But I didn't. I could have froze my ass off on the roofdeck in the pretext of reading something. But I didn't. I could have gone out for a walk. But I didn't. Well, my neighbor eventually went out and I decided to peel an orange. Later, I decided to eat it.


I even wondered if conducting 'research' with a neighbor could get me in trouble...

No, Sirree. I certainly don't do well if I stay home Saturday night. Bloody hell!

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...