Thursday, November 15, 2007

New York, New York

I was in NY this past few days meeting with friends. So I took some photographs. I know. Isn't that amazing? I actually took photographs!!

Although I have been to NY many times before, this was the first time I visited the Empire State building. The light was falling fast but I managed to take some decent pictures using the D70 (no tripod).


View of Central Park.


A different view. This was a handheld shot. I love my D70!


Note how much the light has fallen. The above three pictures were taken during a 15 minute period. I was constantly tweaking exposure in full manual.


Then they had this room with colorful lights. I felt compelled to take at least one shot. Well, I had to do something!


I attempted some rear sync shots so that the background won't be darkened by the flash. This one came out pretty decent. Although, without a tripod, camera shake is evident.


Back on earth, we had to do the ubiquitous Christmas tree-like shot.


At night, we flocked back to our friend Palani's house in Lawrenceville, NJ, a sprinkler city.

Later...

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...