Friday, September 14, 2007

Message in a bottle?

So I am pretty sure that I have plenty of algae growth in the water bottle I use at the office. So far I've had two of my colleagues ask me, "But...why is it green?", with a frankly baffled look on their faces (it was kind of cute...the way one of the ladies asked that question).


Le bouteille.

Anyway...

Personally I have not had any problems drinking from this bottle for close to 2 years now. I've instinctively seen the algae growth more as a safety sign than anything else...until the second colleague posed the afore-mentioned question this morning. Now I am wondering if I should be worried. The research I've done on this so far indicates that, as long as I feel good and can perform well, I should be fine with algae in my bottle. Other sources warn that one should always keep water containers clean with this cleaning method or that because of the dangers posed by toxic algae.

The problem with living in the "modern" age is that sometimes one has too much information to process (sigh).

2 comments:

The Lethological Gourmet said...

Wow, dude! You've got algae in your bottle! Doesn't it taste funny? I think they recommend cleaning out water bottles now and then, to prevent the buildup of bacteria. Algae might not be that bad, but there might also be other buggies swimming around in there. But then, if you're feeling ok, then maybe you're just building up for yourself a healthy resistance to bugs! :D

Hoarse Whisperer said...

"Doesn't it taste funny?"

Actually it tastes fresh all the time even after I come back after the weekend and drink from it...which is why I continue to feel good about it.

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...