Friday, August 3, 2007

'nuff said

The Sacromento Bee has an article today about people who still have no use for cell phones. Some excerpts:

"I'm a cell-phone holdout and proud of it. I have yet to find a situation where I feel that my life would be enhanced by owning one. When faced with a flat tire on a freeway ramp in 100-degree temperature in Sacramento, a kind young man saw my plight, stopped and changed my tire. I would have missed out on experienceing this act of kindness had I used a cell phone to call my towing company."-- Maria E. Tebbutt, Davis

"I purchased a cell phone in February 2006 and it's still in its original package. I bought it because my friends were telling me it's good to have in an emergency. Well, apparently I don't have emergencies since it's still gathering dust in the package. I've seen people walk right into oncoming traffic, light rail trains, you name it, because they were so busy yakking that nothing else seemed to matter."-- Alexandra Adams, Sacramento

"Cell phonoholics are right up there with parents who bring infants to movies and people who don't clean up after their dogs on the street. Cell phones don't belong with teenagers on bikes or skate- boards or in movies or church or at the steering wheel. It's an epidemic. Give me peace!"-- Kathleen Sasse, Sacramento

I am pleased to know that there are people out there echoing my thoughts. 'nuff said.

Original Sacromento Bee Article here.

3 comments:

DaGince said...

Ok...now what was that again about cell phones? Sorry I was distracted I was emailing my pager last nights faxed results of my online chat session's poll results. Go ahead I got signal now.

Hoarse Whisperer said...

dagince, dude, I have no clue what you are talking about. Go easy on the weed, my friend :)

Thanks Ahmad...but my blog is not for advertising your products :)

The Lethological Gourmet said...

I must admit, I have on occasion been one of those oblivious drivers on a cell phone...I thought the light had turned green so I tried to turn, but then realized it was a walk light for pedestrians - one of them totally chewed me out.

I have one friend who doesn't have a cell phone and doesn't want one. It's the strangest thing when I try to call him but then realize that I can only reach him at home...

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...