Thursday, June 7, 2007

"Mom AWOL During Custody Battle Turns Self In"

Apparently the US Army is mulling over desertion charges for a female soldier who recently served in Iraq. This woman obtained emergency leave so she could return to the States to fight a custody battle for her child. Her main reason for getting into the military: so it could pay her bills.

If "soldiers" like this lady are what this nation has to depend on going forward then I am gonna go get trained in guerilla warfare myself. A lot of US citizens feel that it is the Army's duty to help out the woman. Pussies, I say to them! What do you think the Army is: a f*cking welfare program?!

I have to wonder about the various flavors of compassion evident in today's society. We have this female soldier and her plight (I think that she screwed up). On the other "end" of the social ladder, we have Paris Hilton in jail. Then...Wait! What? Paris is already out of jail! Well, gosh darn heckers!! She is such a "class act", isn't she?

On a side note, I remember making a recent post somewhere to clarify that an astronaut who lost an expensive camera during a spacewalk was female (Sunita Williams actually) since a lot of other posters on that forum assumed the astronaut was a male. One guy replied to my post saying, "That's what happens when you send a woman to do a man's job." I thought that he was being chauvinistic. Now it looks like I am not sounding off any different than he was!

Ok, it looks like today is definitely not a day in favor of women's lib.

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...