Monday, June 11, 2007

A History of Flight


I recently re-watched one of the Discovery Channel's "Walking with Dinosaurs" DVDs. This particular DVD presents a Pterosaur (apparently the first vertebrates to evolve flight) migrating to Europe from South America. I found the migration as portrayed in the DVD to be fascinating. I am quite sure that a lot of what was presented was speculation based on fossil evidence available so far but still this segment always makes me wish that I had large wings using which I could ride giant thermals and soar for hours and perhaps fly to wherever I want to go on the planet. Hey, maybe I will get around to doing it someday. At the very least, I would "go out" with a...plop :)

Isn't he a tough looking bugger?

Anyway, portions of this segment are available on Youtube.

No comments:

Is it better to work out in the morning or the evening?

If you do a web search on this topic, you will get all kinds of studies pointing out why training at one time or another in the day is best ...